A great “sammich” is easy, irresistible, and lasts us until dinner. So be sure to write this one down!
- 3 cans of garbanzo beans (4 cups if cooking — drained and mashed)
- 1 – 2 cups of red seedless grapes ( I think the more the better!)
- 1 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 4–5 scallions thinly sliced ( White and green parts)
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1 cup plant-based mayonnaise
Drain and mash garbanzos with hand held masher until the beans are crushed. Do not blend.
In a bowl mix garbanzo, grapes, almonds, celery, and scallions.
In a separate bowl mix mayo, dill seeds, lemon juice, salt, mustard and greens.
Gently fold wet mixture onto garbanzo mixture until evenly mixed
Refrigerate before serving.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @azurefarm