- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup coconut milk ( canned full fat)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion ( chopped)
- 4–5 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 Tbs salt
- 16 oz pasta ( Penne or bowtie preferred)
- Violife Parmesan cheese to grate (or parmesan of your choice)
• Set pasta to cook as directed
• Trim stems off basil and mix with spinach. Blanch in boiling water for about 1 minute and then drain and place in ice water until ready to use.
• Sauté onions until translucent then add garlic and sauté until cooked ( about 5 min)
• Drain cold water from spinach and basil and place all ingredients except olive oil into a high powered blender such as a vita mix.
• Mix well. Then slowly add olive oil and blend till all is smooth. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
• Drain water from pasta. Add pesto sauce and stir well. Serve in bowl and garnish with bail and add shaved parmesan (amount as desired)
• Serve and Enjoy!
* Walnuts may be substituted for pecans or pine nuts
Leftover pesto can be frozen in ice cube trays and saved for later use!
Recipe by @azurefarm