If you think “gluten free” and “tastes like cardboard” are interchangeable descriptors, you’ve never had these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. They’re amazing! This is such a fun and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, without the chocolate chip cookie guilt.
If you have any leftovers, I recommend hiding in the pantry and eating them as a post-breakfast snack until the little humans force you out of your hiding place. I’m not saying I’ve done it before, but I’m also not denying it… 🤭 You can keep leftovers or extras in the freezer for future indulgence. Let me know if you love these cookies as much as I do!
Vegan Gluten-Free, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious Dairy Free and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cook Time: 12 mins
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour, or almonds blended into almond meal
- 1/4 cup Lilly’s dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free oats blended into a flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix together fallxseed and 3 tablespoons of water and set aside to thicken
- Mix together the vegan butter or coconut oil and cashew butter, then add both sugars and mix together. Then beat in the flaxseed mixture and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the oat flour, almond meal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1" Ice cream scooper to scoop the dough into bals on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for at least 10–15 minutes before serving.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @fadedpetalfarm