1 cup cubed tofu (organic non GMO) drained well (approximately 1/2 package)
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated, not canned)
1 cup raw cashews ( soaked overnight)
4–5 cloves of garlic ( peeled)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 medium yellow onion chopped
8 cups of fresh spinach
- Preheat Oven to 400
2. Prior to making the recipe drain the tofu very well. It helps to place it on paper towels to absorb the moisture.
3. Soak the cashews overnight in 2 cups of water.
4. Place all ingredients except spinach, artichoke, and onions into a high powered blender such as a vita mix. Mix very well. It will be a thick liquid.
5. In a skillet place a tiny bit of oil or vegan butter and add the onions. Sauté till translucent. Slowly add the spinach and cook until wilted.
6. Fold the liquid, sautéed spinach, and artichokes together, pour , and spread evenly onto a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
7. Bake for 20–25 minutes until warmed all the way through and browned at the top. Serve with pita chips or bread.
Photo & Recipe Credit: @azurefarm