1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
About 2 cups raw cherry tomatoes ( same of different varieties)
For “ Ricotta” base
1 package of extra firm tofu (water drained)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced dry onion
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 garlic clove
1 tsp salt
Handful of fresh spinach
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of chives
1/2 handful fresh parsley
• Preheat oven to 400
• In a food processor blend all “ ricotta” ingredients until smooth. Consistency should be thick but very blended and spreadable. Adjust seasonings if needed and set aside.
• Unfold pastry onto parchment paper
• Maintain a square shape if possible
• Take a knife and score around the edge about 1/2 an inch in. Do not cut all the way through.
• In a small baking sheet add tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper ( if desired)
• Place puff pastry and tomatoes in oven for about 20 minutes. Tomatoes should be softening and beginning to burst.
• Remove crust from oven. If the center square is too puffed up you can squish it down with a fork. The goal is to have a raised edge around and a flat square in the middle. Carefully spoon the spread onto the dough and spread evenly.
• Add the roasted tomatoes. Then add chiffonade basil along with some chopped parsley. Drizzle with balsamic redaction. You can finish with some plant-based parmesan such as the one from Violife. Sprinkle everything one more time with a pinch salt.
• Cut into 4 large squares and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
• NOTE: You can also add some red pepper flakes for some heat, and vary the herbs depending on what you like.
Annette Thurmon @azurefarm