Whether you cling to the last few weeks of summer by force or by fury, we submit that you try it with . . . food!
Potatoes may just be the most friendly jack-of-all-trades treat you need to do just that. Inexpensive and packed with nutrients, there is a reason they sustained our ancestors during the Great Depression!
This recipe is sure to bring smiles for miles and keep the summer memories alive…
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes to season tofu
- ½ tsp salt to season tofu
- ½ tsp garlic powder to season tofu
- ½ tsp onion powder to season tofu
- 10 medium potatos
- 2½ c vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- ¾ c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp salt to season dressing
- 1 tsp garlic powder to season dressing
- 1 tsp onion powder to season dressing
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1 c chopped dill pickles
- Wash potatoes and cut in half. Boil in a large pot for 15–20 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Set aside to cool
- In a frying pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Drain and mash tofu (or cube if desired) and season with yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Pan fry seasoned tofu until browned. Remove from heat.
- Peel and cut potatoes with a paring knife into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, the dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, mustard, almond milk, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Add cubed potatoes, chopped pickles, and sliced olives.
- The potato salad should be moist by not soupy. Add more mayonnaise and/or almond milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
Photo & Recipe Credit: @fadedpetalfarm