Plant Power Quinoa Salad
1. It is a seed, not a grain.
2. 2x the amount of fiber than white rice.
3. Full of protein, 8g in 1 cup.
This quinoa salad is easy, refreshing, and full of goodness!
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4–1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
Cook quinoa: In medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa. Cover and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 15 minutes. Remove cover + fluff with fork.
In large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, onion cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, lime juice.
Add oil, salt + pepper to taste.
Tastes best after chilled for 4+ hours.
Photo & Recipe Credit: @HealthMeHealthU